Supplemental Educational Services (SES)
SubReady, Inc. offers FREE tutorial Services to students throughout California.
SubReady, Inc.’s Government Funded SES Program offers specialized one-on-one and group tutoring in English Language Arts (including reading) and Mathematics to eligible students in grades K-12. Partnering with qualifying school districts, SubReady, Inc. offers our services FREE of charge to all eligible students.
Our tutoring program is comprised of highly educated tutors, who are teachers, substitute teachers, and school administrators.
At SubReady, Inc. we believe each and every child can achieve and all of our tutors are dedicated to helping students develop academic and coping skills needed for success in elementary, secondary, college and beyond.
A substitute teacher is a professional educator who is responsible for operating a safe, orderly, and positive classroom environment while the regular teacher is absent. The substitute teacher must effectively manage the classroom and provide instruction for students, strictly following the regular teacher's lesson plans and adhering to all district and school policies and procedures.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Valid CA Substitute Teaching Permit
- CA Department of Justice Criminal Background Clearance
- Tuberculosis Test reflecting negative results obtained within one year.
Why work with SubReady
SubReady, Inc. was established by charter school educators with the vision of enhancing the educational experience for students by staffing high performing substitute teachers, substitute paraprofessionals, and substitute support staff in charter schools. As a SubReady substitute, you will become certified to work in any of our partner schools throughout the state. You will have the flexibility to choose when and where you want to work - we have plenty of daily and long-term positions available. We offer the comprehensive professional development and ongoing support that you need to succeed. At SubReady we are passionate about education. We advocate for our substitutes who strive to become full-time teachers and provide referrals to permanent positions when available.
Great Substitutes are mentored and supported. With the flexibility that we offer and the friendly representatives who are always ready to help our substitutes achieve their professional goals, SubReady is truly a great place substitute teach.
“A professional Teaching Community”
“Because Every Second of Every Day Counts – Instructional Minutes Must Not be Lost”
“Because Excellent Teaching is the #1 Indicator of Student Achievement”
“High Performing, Highly Qualified Substitute Teachers”
“High Behavioral Expectations for Students”
“Serving the Charter School Community Since 1999.”
Locations throughout Northern and Southern California
Download Substitutes Brochure
Sub Ready seeks and discovers talented professionals who are enthusiastic about teaching and learning. We are committed to placing substitutes who align well within the culture of high performing, urban school environments.
- Full, half-day, long-term and permanent placements available
- Our substitute pool includes credential teachers, teachers in credentialing programs, and diverse professionals with background experiences relating to students and education
- SubReady is a 24/7 Live On call Placement Service
- Founded by experienced teachers and administrators
- Substitutes available for extended day and after school hours
To ensure you have the best placement possible, the process for substitute selection is as follows:
- Credentialed teachers are our first choice, credentialed substitutes second.
- Each substitute participates in 40 hours of professional development for the purposes of strengthening the capacity and pedagogical skill of the substitute as well as increasing their awareness of the need to ensure the safety of your students while on assignment.
- Reference Screening
- Medical Screening (for Tuberculosis)
- Criminal Background Screening
Download Schools Brochure